Personal Injuries Over the Holidays From Out of State Car Accidents to Bed Bugs (Part 1)
Six Things Essential For Out of State Car Accidents:
Holiday Cheer sometimes causes those around us to be reckless and those negligent acts often impact us in a harmful way. Here is what you need to do in case your holiday is interrupted by an accident or injury such as car accidents, dog bites beg bugs and more.
What do you do if you have been involved in an out of state car accident?
- Call the Police. Make sure you call the police, request the officer file a report and obtain the car accident or report number.
- Seek Medical Attention. If you are injured, seek medical care immediately.
- Take Pictures. Take a lot of picture of the entire screen, your car, the other drivers car, damage to any surrounding property and of any visible injuries.
- Obtain Witness Information. If there are witnesses at the scene get their first and last name, telephone number, and email address.
- Get the At-Fault Driver’s Insurance. Ask the other driver for their insurance and contact information. If multiple parties are involved, obtained their information also.
- Call Your Personal Injury Lawyer. Call a lawyer who handles car accident cases. Once the lawyer obtains some basic information she will be able to assess whether you need a Texas Lawyer or a lawyer licensed in another state to handle the case for you. It depends on “venue” which means the proper place to file a lawsuit. The venue is generally determined by (a) where the defendant (at-fault driver) lives; (b) the place where the accident happened or if the defendant is not a person, the place where the company has its principal office. For more information about venue see Texas Rules of Civil Procedure, Chapter 15.002. http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/SOTWDocs/CP/htm/CP.15.htm
Farrah Martinez Houston Car Accident Lawyer represents individuals that have been seriously hurt in auto collisions. If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident, contact Farrah Martinez at (713) 853-9296 for a free consultation.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!