Dog Bites & Animal Attacks
HOW TO PROVE A DOG BITE OR ANIMAL ATTACK CLAIM
- Find out who owned the dog or animal that bit you or your child. If possible, get their full name, address and telephone number.
- Take pictures of the injuries caused by the dog or animal. It is important to take pictures of all of the injuries not just the worst of the worst.
- Make a list of the names of anyone who saw the dog or animal attack. If possible, get their telephone numbers and addresses.
- If you know the pet owner’s neighbors, make a list of the neighbors. Often, neighbors have information regarding the dog or animal’s past bad behavior and dangerous tendencies.
- File a report with your local pet control agency. For the City of Houston Animal Control contact (713) 547-9400 or for Harris County Animal Control contact (281) 999-3191.
- Hire a lawyer. Dog bite and animal attack claims are serious. You need a lawyer who can assist you with your animal attack claim and deal with the insurance company. If the pet owner, owns a home, then their homeowner’s insurance policy, will likely cover dog bites and attacks by domesticated animals. Some dangerous dogs and animals might be excluded from the policy. An experienced dog bite lawyer will provide you with the help you need to receive compensation for your medical bills, loss of wages or earnings, and any other actual damages you have suffered.
Houston Dog Bite Lawyer Farrah Martinez represents individuals that have been injured or suffered severe damage caused through a dog bite or animal attack. If you or your child has been attacked by a dog or animal, call Houston Dog Bite Lawyer Farrah Martinez at (713) 853-9296 for a free consultation.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!