At Farrah Martinez, PLLC, Farrah, a slip and fall attorney handles slip and fall cases where an individual enters the property of another and has been seriously injured as a result of a dangerous condition. This can occur through a slip and fall on a wet floor at a retail center, a trip and fall over an out of place object or an uneven surface or even a fall from broken stairs at an apartment complex that occurred on a property owned by another.
Slip and Fall Claims and Premise Liability Law
A Slip and Fall Claim, also referred to as a trip and fall, is a personal injury claim within the area of law called premise liability. A lawyer who handles slip and fall claims is a personal injury attorney that also handles premise liability claims. In Texas, a property owner is held responsible for the injuries and accidents that occur on their property if the owner knew or should have know the property posed a danger and failed to exercise reasonable precautions to ensure the safety of their guests. Texas premise liability laws tend to favor the property owner and the injured party has the burden to prove that the property owner had notice of the dangerous condition and failed to repair.
A Slip and Fall Claimant Must Show:
- The property owner owed a duty of care to you and failed to
- The property owner failed to exercise proper care caused your injury
- You, the injured party, suffered a loss, was severely injured and suffered damages as a result of injury. These damages would included loss of wages or earnings, medical bills, prescription expenses and possible exemplary damages which are often referred to as “special damages”.
How Farrah Martinez, PLLC Proves a Slip and Fall Accident
To successfully prove a slip and fall claim or a premise liability claim, Farrah will work to prove either of the following:
- The property owner caused the dangerous condition;
- The property owner knew of the dangerous condition and failed to repair; or
- The property owner should have known of the dangerous condition because a reasonable property owner would have known and taken steps to repair.
If you or a loved one have suffered a slip and fall and have been injured, contact Farrah Martinez Slip and Fall Lawyer at (713) 853-9296. Farrah will seek maximum compensation for the losses and injuries you have suffered.